Friday, September 5, 2014

Gluten Free Banana Bread

Yes, it has been a wild month.  Yes, I'm still alive.  No, I haven't updated my blog, BUT I have been stock piling so I could have things to add.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can never seem to get all the bananas eaten before they are brown and mushy.  I have already shared with you a grain free peanut butter and banana muffin, but for those of you not interested in peanut butter, this banana bread is super moist and yummy.

I have actually made this one at least once a week (12 muffins lasts him quite a while) for the past month.  My son wakes up every morning asking for muffins... Yes he is in love!

GF Banana Bread

2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp guar gum
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup GF flour


Mix together bananas, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.  Blend until smooth.  It will be a very wet batter.  Mix cinnamon, guar gum, baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour and add all at once to wet ingredients.  Let sit for 10-15 min.  (America's Test Kitchen recommends letting recipes that have a lighter texture sit to rehydrate the flour better.  Although this is not a America's test kitchen recipe, when I let the mixture sit, it makes a less grainy texture.  This isn't a required step, but it can help improve texture :)

   I make mine in a square muffin tin at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. It will make 12 large muffins, or 15 regular muffins.   The last time I made this we put mini chocolate chips in the batter and it was super yummy!  As you can see from the picture... he was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment